A bizarre game of musical cupboards has taken place. The contents danced round until the music stopped and each time one of them was left out. Some cups and saucers lost and are sitting on the dining table.
Most importantly of all, the kitchen drawer has been emptied.
Don't pretend you don't know what I mean. We all have one. It's the drawer where you put things until you need them or until you find their matching bit or when you're tidying away in a hurry. In there, I have found the following:-
- one umbrella cover (umbrella lost approx 6 years ago)
- one eighth birthday candle (son now 12)
- several allen keys (flatpack furniture still holding, mainly)
- one mobile phone charger (phone no longer used)
- one bottle of Tippex
- one tube of glue
- approx 23 loose batteries
- one bank card (approx 6 years out of date)
- several store cards (some of the shops now under adminstration)
- one as yet unidentified object (appears to be something technical, like a bolt thing, with a washer on it. Clearly important and being kept until it's true potential is realised)
I'm kidding of course. I can't wait until he's all moved in.
And I'd have done the drawer when I needed a battery for the remote.
But go on, you can tell me. What's in your kitchen drawer? I promise, it's just between you and me.