Sunday 14 November 2010

This Week I've Loved...

... not really a great deal. I've felt out of sorts, a bit fed up, and down in equal measure and consequently the blogging's been all over the shop. I've not gone round and read all your lovely posts as I normally would, I couldn't get the stupid new phone to work properly, the laptop's had a bit of a wibble and I think my knees have entered old age with me tottering along behind at an ever increasing rate.

I'm meant to be on a diet, but I'm so hungry I could eat my own feet. I went out for a drink on Friday and was ridiculously drunk at such an early point in the evening it was like being 15 again. The house is still on the market and I'm thinking of selling raffle tickets to prospective viewers.

I know this mood will go soon, and I'll be the happy, snappy, clappy woman you all love, and I promise I'll be back on Tuesday with a proper blog but until then have a look at these people:-

This week I've loved blogs:- sometimes you know where you are with a blog. There will be blogs about children, about current events, crafts or photography. And some blogs are so delightfully random that you rock up on two consecutive days to find serious discussions about censorship and humourous ones about bed-wetting. It's one of the things which takes me back over and over again to see Heather in Lapland, and I really think you should pay her a visit. Especially now, as she's about to become very famous, and you can say that you knew her way back when if you go now.

I've also come across a blog this week which is new to me, and I can honestly say it contains one of the most movingly written posts I've ever read. I'm not going to make any other comment because I wouldn't be able to do it justice, but I think it would be lovely if you could go and put your arms round Brighton Mum.

It's over to you now my lovely people, come along and make me smile. What have you loved this week?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the excellent recommendations--I have only just discovered your lovely blog by the way--keep up the good work! I get the blogging blues too...I'm sure it will pass with a little time and a lot of chocolate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh chocolate...

    Thanks for visiting!

    Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking to that post, read it and thought it beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah yes, I'm a bit of a cheap date these days too! In fact, my sister is coming to visit next week so I have been training myself up to be able to drink more than 2 glasses of wine without being ridiculously drunk and falling asleep in the corner.

    Thank you for your lovely mention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Clare, it really was beautiful wasn't it?

    Hi lovely Heather, best of luck with the training - I'm always on hand to give support and guidance on that front...

    ReplyDelete