Sunday 17 October 2010

What I've Loved This Week

Hi everyone! I've had such a busy week, it's all been a bit kitchens, plumbers and complaining, but it's been great fun too! There are so many things I've loved this week but I'll try to give you a little round up of what I've been up to.

This week I've loved reading  The Road by Cormac McCarthy. If you haven't read it already, I'd urge you to give it a try, but it's not easy reading. It's incredibly poetic though, moving and has a desperate isolation about it which puts me in mind of Waiting for Godot (but don't let that put you off!)

This week I've loved watching This is England 86. I know it finished weeks ago but sometimes my V+ is more relevant than the TV listings! I loved the film, loved the series more, incredibly well acted, but again with some terribly sad story lines (and if you're easily shocked, then you might want to think twice)

This week I've loved blogs - two in particular. I've been blogging for a while now and some blogs I seem to have read for ever. One which I absolutely adore (and have done for some time) is Violet Posy. I'd urge you to go and have a look - she's the shabby chic queen and makes me wish I lived in her house, or at least that she'd come and make mine look nice. Her blog's gorgeous and she has some fantastic ideas that I'm sure I'll put my mind to one day...I'd also recommend a visit to a blog that's entirely new to me and that's Kate Takes 5 - she writes so beautifully, she's really funny, and how she finds time to write with her merry little band I'll probably never know. Also, she seems to like a glass of wine, so she's always welcome here.

(PS - I'd just like to say this will be a regular feature, please don't despair if it takes me a while to get to you - I know blogging can be an extremely frustrating business but I promise you're not talking to yourself!)

So that's my week - what have you been up to?

10 comments:

  1. Ooo I am truly honoured and very excited at getting my first mention from a fellow blogger. Thank you so much.
    Also I would totally second your opinion of The Road, This is England, and drinking.
    Now I must go and think of something funny to write - I have a repuation to uphold you know..

    ReplyDelete
  2. And here's my thank you gift to you. Typecasts blog has really simple bit of code that means any link opens in a new window - which therefore doesn't take traffic away from your site. Might be useful: http://typecast2000.blogspot.com/2010/06/quick-html-lesson.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, seriously, that's an awesome gift! I've even been able to do it!

    Mwah, mwah and thank you!

    T xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found Kate too and have been chuckling ever since! Thanks bloggers x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou so much, that is really really sweet of you. Love your new blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mummysquared (or halved this week) - thanks so much for visiting

    Liz, you're more than welcome, and thank you for visiting (great profile pic by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I read Violet Posy and have just come from Kate Takes 5. Great blogs. There are a lot of them out there.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look at all this blogging love!! I've recently been following Kate too, and very well deserved.

    Just had a very quick squiz at Violet Posy and looks fantastic, will be sure to get back when I have more time to do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi CJ, this will be the third blog of mine that you've visited! I do love to see you!

    Hi there with your Mid 30s, love your blog too, thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello - I forgot to say "thank you" - a reminder popped up by the way of a Google alert to say that my blog had been mentioned.

    So thanks to Kate and hello to you :)

    ReplyDelete